Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh the Places I've Been

A throwback to the States.
I was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
I grew up in Louisville, Kentucky.
I go to school in Columbia, South Carolina.
I have family in Hawaii, California, Nebraska, Minnesota, Kentucky and New York.
I summer in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

I am extremely blessed to have a mom who is obsessed with traveling 'off the beaten path.' When my sisters and I were younger, we would have Girls Bonding Vacation to Florida. You would think it's a pretty straight forward drive from Kentucky to the beach, but not the way my mom drives. It would take us about three days with all the two-lane highways she drove. Looking back I can't complain. Every trip was an adventure in itself and the three girls would always vie to be The Navigator {a.k.a. sit in the front seat}. This was how it came to be that I've traveled the entire Southeast.

My one time "out West" was for a family reunion camping trip to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Again, Mom packed Andrea, Shelley and I into the car for a week-long drive out to the park. Did I mention that we camped the entire way? The biggest highlight from that trip was setting up camp in the Rocky Mountains. We were in the middle of a storm and set the tent up in record time {and I'm talking about 3 minutes}. As soon as we had zipped up the outside, the storm broke sending hail and rain down onto our poor little shelter. That's how I came to conquer the Wild Wild West.

Best friends in Coney Island, New York
Trips to see family up in New York and Minnesota pretty much cover the rest of the country minus California and Nevada. These are my most recent adds to the states I've been. Back in January, I was asked by the company I interned for last summer to help with a location scout for a Toyota commercial in Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Hell yes! It was such a fun trip and I can't wait to go back for "pleasure."

The next place I want to visit is Texas and Massachusetts. Where have you been? Link up here.

Cheers for now,
Kim

1 comment:

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

Oh your lucky! I want to travel more! I would die to visit New Zealand!
new follower :)
http://alwaysfollowurheart.blogspot.com