Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm going to New Zealand in a Week!

I don't think I've made any comments on Sratting Down Under {I know I have on Twitter} but in one week, I will be flying to Christchurch, New Zealand for an 11 day tour around the South Island with Bekah and Katie! Christchurch is still recovering from the 6.3 earthquake that occurred on February 22, 2011, so we will only be flying in and out of that city.

The three of us a.k.a. Katie put together a great itinerary for our Easter Break:
Day One-Fly from Sydney to Christchurch
Day Two-Christchurch to Nelson
Day Three-Nelson: Abel Tasman National Park

New Zealand's sunshine capital, I'll be kayaking & hiking all day

Day Four-Nelson to Franz Josef
Day Five-Franz Josef: Fox Glacier

Climbing the fastest moving glacier in the world

Day Six-Franz Josef to Queenstown {Easter}
Day Seven-Queenstown: Milford Sounds
Day Eight-Queenstown: Lord of the Rings Tour & Bungey Jumping


Day Nine-Queenstown to Tekapo
Day Ten-Tekapo to Christchurch
Day Eleven-Fly from Christchurch to Sydney

I'll be going into more detail for each city later. I just wanted to give a general overview.

Also if anyone would be interested in guest blogging on some of your favorite places to travel, etc., just comment below :)

Cheers for now,
Kim

4 comments:

Christina @ Simple and Delish said...

Sounds awesome! Have so much fun!

Christina
summer.year.round

Mallory said...

That sounds like a great trip! I'd love to go to New Zealand! It looks so pretty! Have fun on your trip! :)

Lauren said...

This sounds so great!!! I am actually going for a couple days over Easter break and was thinking that we might be there at the same time! I am just going to the north island though. All your plans sound like so much fun!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

i'm so jealous of you! i had a teacher in high school that had worked for national geographic and had been EVERYWHERE! he swore new zealand was the most beautiful of all the many places he had been! enjoy and take many pictures so we can see!