Sunday, April 10, 2011

Derby Days

To my lovely readers-

I am teaming up with fellow blogger Jennifer at blue-eyed belle to do a week long series on the Kentucky Derby. This is especially exciting for me because if you don't know, I am from the city where the 'Running for the Roses' takes place every year: Louisville. I feel like even though I am having a fabulous time in Australia about 248,008 miles away {slight exaggeration}, it's still nice to remember the place where I come from.

Jennifer and I have decided on a couple of topics including hosting a fabulous party, fashion and the history of the Derby itself. I've decided on a personal favorite of mine, Derby hats! Also my sratastic Mom will be giving her top tips to making the perfect Mint Julep! I'm also honored that one of my favorite Twitter followers Lauren-Elizabeth will be writing a post for me; I've told her before she needs to start her own blog.

How elegant is this picture?
If you would like to be a part of our series, please email me. I'd love to hear any other suggestions you may have. You don't have to have a blog to be a part of the fun, just a love for all things Derby.

Cheers for now,
Kim

No comments: