Wednesday, April 6, 2011

All Smiles at Coogee Beach

Wow this week has been hectic, but thankfully it's Wednesday which means it's over. I had THREE papers Tuesday and Monday; one of which was a personal essay I had critiqued by my classmates! Ahh it's nerve-wrecking to have someone give you feedback on your writing. So after the heaps of work I had to do this week, I can finally tell you about my weekend. I decided to give myself a little R&R and head to the beach. I know my life is rough, right?

The cliffs of Coogee Beach
So Saturday morning, Katie and I boarded a train heading south to Sydney. We arrived at the beautiful Coogee Beach (prounced Could-GEE not COO-GEE like I was saying) around noon. My roommate Brad's brother was in town and their step dad had bought us a few hotel rooms right on the beach. How nice was that! It was overcast by the time we met up with the boys, so we headed to the cliffs that are right along the water. Sounds scary but these are baby rocks. The view was gorgeous; Brad told me there was a wedding the day before.

Looking out over the rocks
We lazed around the rest of the day with plans of going to King's Cross, Sydney's biggest party area. Of course, we never made it past the bar next door. Plus we had a couple other Evatt people join up with us. After schooling the boys in a few rounds of pool, Katie and I called it a night. 
Just chilling at the Baths
 The next morning was a dream day. We woke up early and made our way to the beach, scoring prime positions near the water. This was my first major beach day since being in Australia and did I take advantage of it. I took a walk along the water and over to the ocean baths. Pretty much every beach has a little ocean pool to play in. After a delicious lunch of burritos and gelato (I was in heaven) and watching the last four minutes of the UK game (such a heartbreaker), us girls bid ado and headed back to Newcastle.
How colorful are the walls in town?
I love the fact that catching the train to Sydney is so easy. It makes going on weekend adventures so conveient. Hope everyone had a great weekend too!

Cheers for now,
Kim 


1 comment:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

i think i'm just going to skip the last month of school and come visit you, k?!