Thursday, April 14, 2011

D Block Love

On Monday night, my block did a room crawl. Omg what a fun night! Our theme was "The Yellow Pages." So the premise of the room crawl was a top floor person was paired with a bottom floor person. Each pair was given a page out of the Yellow pages and had to choose an occupation and make a drink/game that coordinated. Max was my partner and we got building contractors.
D Block Room Crawl: Me, Anna & Caitlyn
Other room themes were Weddings, Camping, Lifesavers {a.k.a. beach patrol} and Vets. Overall we had a great time and continued to bond as a block.

Evatt has a lot of mixers where each block has to dress up. The first week I was here, there was a "When I Grow Up" theme. I chose Daisy Duke because I really wanted to wear my cowboy boots! I went to an op shop and bought a pair of jeans to make into jorts {jean shorts}. It's so funny that in Australia people wear them regularly; I've started to put them in my clothing rotation {more on that later}.

D First all "Grown Up"
Daisy Duke
In March, we had a karaoke party where all the blocks had to dress up as something that started with their block letter. My floor, D First, dressed up as death. It was so much fun putting on all the fake blood.

Look how scary my block looks.
I'm so lucky that I get along with the people in my block. We are becoming such a family and it's going to be really sad leaving at the end of this semester. On a happier note, I can't wait for our next themes party.

Cheers for now,
Kim

{Oh & today is my two month mark of being in Australia}

1 comment:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

how fun! you make one hot daisy duke!