Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aussie Inspiration

My first impression of my room at Evatt was 'Brick walls?!'. How incredibly boring having brick walls in your room. Nothing could be more bland than walking into this 10 by 10 living space.

Luckily I came up with a quick solution. I turned to the magazines I had with me for some sort of pick-me-up. Ripped from the pages of the latest fashion magazine came campaigns from Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs. The 'Your Spring Hot List' spread from the March edition of Seventeen (guilty pleasure at the age of 21) added the pop of color that my Aussie room so desperately needed. The mismatched bikini and tribal necklaces are so colorful and inspire me everytime I enter my room.

 
The bright colors and fun jewelry is perfect for the Aussie culture. It reminds me to step outside my comfort zone and try something eccentric-something that I normally would never wear back in South Carolina. I think about how designers must be constantly inspired in order to stay in business. They aren't looking to be like everyone else; they are the trend setters. For me, this new surrounding is bringing me inspiration and a new  wardrobe outlook.

What inspires you?
 
Cheers for now,
Kim

No comments: