Saturday, March 12, 2011

Commencement: Any Reason to Dress Up

An Evatt tradition, Commencement is the formal event of the semester. So glad that I packed a cocktail dress, just in case. You can't go wrong with a LBD. I paired it with my Nine West pumps and Lilly earrings for a touch of color. I felt very classic and totally loved it.

Cutest Couple Award
Since Ryan was here, he got special permission to attend. He was the only non-Evatter in attendance; how VIP did he feel. I was thrilled to take pictures with him since we missed both Semi Formal and Formal this year. He was so cute ironing his clothes before the evening.

Everyone at Evatt goes out for a nice dinner. I loved taking pictures with my block because it was the first time we actually had everyone in D Block in one picture.

D Block Love

Dee First
We held an after party downtown at Customs. Evatt rented out the top floor and we had a huge dance party. Most of the songs were American, but I loved hearing my new Aussie favs like Calvin Harris. The party continued with the last tradition of the night-a midnight swim in the ocean baths. A procession of about 200 Uni students walked over the baths which is basically a swimming pool connecting to the sea i.e. salt water and sandy bottom. Everyone had a blast splashing in the water and playing sholder wars (Aussie term for chicken fight).
Overall the night was fabulous-lots of pictures, drinks and memories. 

Cheers for now,
Kim
The lovely ladies of Dee

No comments: