Sunday, March 27, 2011

Unichurch: 1 Corinthians Series

Since I've been at school, I've been going to Sunday night Unichurch, a contemporary church service held on campus. Amy, one of the girls I live with, is a Growth Group leader and has really encouraged me to become involved. It's a great way to start my week and refocus on what really matters in life.

The services are part of an eight week series discussing the first four chapters of 1 Corinthians. The verses deal with the foolish ways of the people. It's almost like a congregation-wide Bible study. Plus the band is really good; they select songs that really fit with the sermon. A lyric that really stuck with me tonight was
Our fear is overcome. Our God is love. Our God is love.

Tonight we read 1 Corinthians 3:16-23. The verse that stuck with me the most was the first one. Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and the God's Spirit lives in you? I want to respond with by life through this passage by respecting my body as a temple of God. A verse from an earlier sermon comes from 1 Corinthians 1:25- For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. How can we as sinners think that we will ever measure up to God? How silly can we be?

Cheers for now,
Kim

No comments: