Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2 John: Walking in the Truth

Tonight I went to Bible study with a few Evatt girls. I've been regularly attending Unichurch on Sundays, but tonight was the first time going to a small Christian event. We read the whole book of 2 John a.k.a. 13 verses. The main message that I got out of it was that the author (most likely the apostle John but we don't know for sure) wants us to follow God's command of not only loving one another but walking in obedience in the truth.

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. 2 John 1:6

Our main focus of the Bible study was defining what is "the truth." We came up with quite a variety of ideas like Jesus Christ, God's Word and the Holy Spirit. All these terms were deemed to fall under the Trinity. Therefore the Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, is the truth.

At the end of the study, we had a prayer circle. I had to say something I was thankful for and something I wanted to pray for. It's been a while since I've actually prayed, but with the help of the Holy Spirit words came to me :)

Pray for: the safe return of my sisters and Carolina friends back to their homes
Thankful for: such a supportive family in Christ at Evatt and especially on my floor.

It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.
2 John 1:4

Cheers for now,
Kim

No comments: