Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Winding Down

Today marks the four month mark of my time in Australia. I can't believe how quickly time has gone.With only a week left in Australia, I'm starting to pack up and say my goodbyes. Saying farewell to my new Aussie friends is heaps hard and makes me think of all the great times we've had together. I'm going to try not to cry and sound cliche but these people are so amazing.

To honor this anniversary, I've decided to look back at what I was doing on all the 14ths of the month. Here it goes:

February 14th
It seems like just yesterday I was arriving on college with my four suitcases and immediately rushed into Aussie party mode; there was a giant Valentine's Day party at the on-campus bar that night. Right out of the 26 hour travel day, I was making new friends and embracing the Aussie culture. At Bar on the Hill, there was a giant blow-up Twister board which basically turned into a trampoline by the end of the night; FUN! I remember thinking how weird it was that the bar played music video because it's not that big in America. Also this was the first time I was introduced to the poor uni student drink of choice: goon a.k.a. cask wine.

All smiles on our first night in Australia
  March 14th
Ryan was halfway through with his visit on my one month anniversary in the Land Down Under. We still hadn't decided where we were going to go; Great Barrier Reef ultimately won out. We bought our plane tickets for the very next morning. Since we had to catch a train at 4 a.m., we stayed up all night watching Entourage and packing. Cairns is such a rainy tropical city.

The perfect day in Cairns
April 14th
It was a pretty chill Thursday spent recovering from the big victory party Evatt had the night before. We had beaten our college rival Ted's in a rugby game. Later I played in a net ball game for D Block. Also I was counting down the days till New Zealand-5!  

May 14th
I was suppose to go to Port Macquarie with people from D Block but that fell through. With uni on cruise control until exams, I spent a lazy day in Newcastle lounging on the beach. It was quite cold compared to how the weather usually is but I made the most of it. Another countdown-5 more days till Melbourne and the Outback.

Melbourne is fabulous
 June 14th 
And now here I am four months later, sitting in the library because my computer cord blew up in the wall. With only one more week left in Australia, I couldn't be happier. I've accomplished so much in my short stay but I've made so many friends and memories.

Wow I have a good memory ;)
Happy four month anniversary to me!

Cheers for now,
Kim




4 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

wow!! it look like you have had the most amazing time.

sSe said...

Thanks for such an amazing run with this. I have absolutely enjoyed reading about all your aussie adventures, and can't wait to hear what you do next!

Anonymous said...

Hi
nice blog.. i have enjoyed to reading your adventures in aussie.. thanks to share your adventures. Can You tell me the best Universities in Australia.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, it has great stuff for everybody who loves adventures and australia. Australia is vast country for Study Abroad