Saturday, June 4, 2011

Craft Time: Alice Springs Stepping Stones

While I was walking around in Alice Springs, I spotted these adorable tiled stepping stones. I thought how much fun would it be to make my own Aboriginal-inspired design?

Sperrys & Mosaic Tiles
To make your own stepping stone, just find a base mold. I am thinking of moving away from the square look to maybe a hexagon. Fill the mold with quick setting cement that you can find at any old hardware store. Let set for 30 to 60 minutes then DECORATE! Craft stores sell bags of glass beads and tiles so let your creativity run wild. Store in a dry place for a couple of days.

I think the hardest part of this project is deciding where to put your finished masterpiece. How cute would this be in the garden at my new house in Columbia?

I might make a few for house warming presents for my sorority sisters. So many possibilites.

Cheers for now,
Kim

No comments: