Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fashion From Abroad: Rocking My Thongs

Get your mind out of the gutter.

In Australia, thongs mean sandals. The most common brand of thongs is Havaianas Australia {pronounced ah-vai-YAH-nas}. I have seen these sandals back in the United States but not to the degree they are in Australia. Literally everyone on college has a pair if not two or three.

These rubber flip flops are so comfortable and come in a variety of colors and patterns.

So many choices!
For sandals, I took my classic tan Rainbows with me to Australia.
Big Mistake!
People immediately knew I was American becuase my thong straps were so thick. Huh? One of the trademarks of Havaianas or any other brand of thongs is the thin straps.

Oh well I go through these trials so that my sratty readers don't have to make the mistake of looking like tourists abroad.

Funky Ad
I do admit Havaianas bring me back to high school when I had about seven pairs of Old Navy flip flops. {oh how I wish I could go back and tell myself not to leave the house wearing certain outfits especially the one time I wore baggy jeans under a skirt! I just gagged a little but you need to know that was a one time thing.} Only these sandals are a little more grown up.

I am debating about getting a pair before I leave. Does anyone have a pair of these kind of thongs ;)

Cheers for now,
Kim


1 comment:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I don't have a pair of Havianas, but have thought about getting a gold pair to throw in my pool bag!