Friday, February 18, 2011

Cheers I'm here!

It has been a long week since arriving in Newcastle on Monday, but I've finally unpacked all my stuff and am settling in. I'm staying on campus at the Uni in Evatt House.
There are eight blocks with ten students upstairs and downstairs. They refer to the blocks in terms of ground and first so I'm living in D-First. Also there is common rec room in the middle of the quad that is called the Caddy. Everyone here is heaps keen (Aussie for very excited; basically they say heaps anything) on making new friends. I can't wait to get involved in all the Evatt House and Block D bonding that is planned for the semester.

Cheers for now,
Kim

P.S. After over 24 hours of traveling, I was exhausted and pushing around my 130+ pounds (or about 60 kilograms) of luggage really was taking it out of me. I had to put on my game face in order to make it :)

No comments: